(This is our administrative FAQ. For our technical FAQ, head on over to the wiki)
VFAQ (Very Frequenctly Asked Questions) are marked in bold.
- Do you offer floating licenses?
- Do you offer site licenses?
- I forgot how to request a license for Fracture FX.
- The machine I installed Fracture FX on died/flooded/exploded/is a rental. How do I transfer Fracture FX to a new machine?
- Where can I pay a license transfer fee?
- I swapped out some hardware from the machine that has Fracture FX. Will my license still work?
- I received the sales confirmation and requested a license, how long must I wait?
- I switched from one operating system to another one. Do I need a new license? Where can I find the correct version of the software?
- I purchased Fracture FX, where is the download link?
- I have a license for Fracture FX, where can I find the latest version of Fracture FX?
- I just saw a tutorial that uses Fracture FX version X.X, but the latest version in my user/files area is a lower version. What is going on?
- I have a license for Fracture FX, do I need to request a new license for every new version/upgrade of Fracture FX?
- I have been looking all over your site and can't find a download link, where is it?
- These FAQ are AWESOME. Why is nobody reading them?
- I purchased Fracture FX, where can I find my invoice?
- How can I buy Fracture FX?
- Can I pay with PayPal?
- Do you offer educational/student pricing?
- Can I see how Fracture FX works before buying it?
- What makes Fracture FX the preferred tool of the high-end VFX houses?
Not yet. It's in development though. Currently only offer node locked and site licenses are available. To transfer a node locked license to another machine, we charge a transfer fee that can be paid here. Just send us a mail with the ip config data after payment and we'll get you your new license ASAP.
Yes. With a site license, we create a custom build for your facility that works on all your machines; meaning, unlimited seats of Fracture FX with no need for a license ever. Contact us for site license packages.
Simply log in to your user area and navigate to the "Files" section. In there you will see a section called "How to request and install a license for Fracture FX"
Most likely, you'll have to purchase a license transfer to get a license for the new machine. As mentioned in our terms and conditions: "Each license is for one node-locked seat. Transferring an existing license to another machine will incur a transfer fee. "
You can pay your license transfer fee here.
Processing license requests takes up to 24 hours. (Administrative hours are 10AM to 8PM PST Monday-Friday)
As long as motherboard and network card didn't change, your license will work across the different operating systems. The installation package contains a build of Fracture FX for MacOS, Windows and Linux. It also contains builds for the most recent versions of Maya.If your motherboard or network card did change, you will need to purchase a license transfer.
I purchased Fracture FX, where is the download link?
As soon as your payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation email with additional information. This mail will include your login information for the customer portal (where you can download the software) and support forums.
Where can I find the support forum?
The support forum can be found here. However, note that It is for customers only. If you have purchased Fracture FX, your login credentials can be found in the "Fracture FX license, install instructions and support forum login" email, which you will receive after you have requested your license. Please be reminded that we use the support forum exclusively for technical support. Please do not send us emails with technical support issues, unless absolutely necessary.
I have a license for Fracture FX, where can I find the latest version of Fracture FX?
You can find the latest build of Fracture FX in your user area. Use the log-in credentials you received when you purchased Fracture FX to log in and head over the the "Files" section to download the latest version of Fracture FX.
I just saw a tutorial that uses Fracture FX version X.X, but the latest version in my user/files area is a lower version. What is going on?
This means that the tutorial was done with an alpha or beta version of Fracture FX, that hasn't been released yet. If you want access to the beta, just drop us a line and we'll gladly upload it to your user area.
I purchased Fracture FX, where can I find my invoice?
Log in to your user area and navigate to the "Orders" section. All the paperwork is there.
How can I buy Fracture FX?
Fracture FX is available on our purchasing page.
Can I pay with PayPal?
With the knowledge that PayPal is the spawn of the devil, yes. Send us a mail when you do tho, so we can call the exorcists.
Do you offer educational/student pricing?
Yes. You can purchase a non-commercial version here. Please send us a valid and current student/teacher ID, so we can process the purchase.
Can I see how Fracture FX works before buying it?
Of course! You can download a free trial and you can check out our constantly updated tutorial section. Contact us for a fully-functional time-limited trial.
- Art-directable simulations
- Efficient iterations
- Out-of-the-box usability
- A unified, easy-to-use workflow
- World-class customer care